Monday, April 18, 2011

# 20 Difficulty and High Points

There were both high points as well as things  I found difficult while taking Colloquium.  I felt that the high points in Colloquium, was when I actually realized I was making a big negative impact on the environment.  I am glad that I now know my impact and if myself and others do not change, then we will be in danger.  Our future will be in danger.  Our children and grandchildren will look at us and think how we could have done something so drastic.  It is shocking and disturbing at the same time.  It was hard to listen about how the little things are affecting all of the animals around us.   We are destroying the growth of animals.  We learned how our actions have brought many species to extinction.  This is hard to overcome, because most people won’t believe  this and will never believe it, because they don’t think they are that empowering.  But, we really are.  It is hard to understand that the majority of people do not believe that there is a problem, or refuse to believe that there is a problem.  They think that it won’t affect them, so they don’t care.  But, they have to realize that it will affect them.  It will affect everyone.  It is also hard to imagine that even if we did something now and stopped the use of all fossil fuels, it would take years and years for it to actually take into effect and to make an improvement because of the long lag of reaction.  I loved the colloquium class, but it was very disturbing to learn about some of the things we learned about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment