Monday, April 11, 2011

#15 Dowtntown Field Trip

The Colloquium class trip to Downtown Fort Myers was one of the best field trips I have ever gone on.  We did a scavenger hunt throughout a series of streets.  At first I didn’t know what to expect, but once we received the scavenger hunt list, I knew it was going to be difficult. We were able to work in groups, and I felt that I was with a great group.  We got along and worked very well with each other on trying to find the different objects and locations we needed to find.  We had to find objects, which were located in different stores and restaurants, and statues with important information on past history.  This was probably the hardest part, because we didn’t know where we were really going, so we kind of kept going back and forth.  I felt some people probably thought we were crazy walking around in circles.  We also could not go into any of the restaurants and stores.  We were basically staring in the windows with people watching and wondering what we were actually doing there.  The funniest part was when we had to count the globes on the top of the ceiling in the Indigo hotel lobby.  One of my teammates was on the floor trying to count them all, because it was so difficult.  We kept getting different numbers, but we finally decided on one, and luckily it was the right one.  The best part was lunch.  We went to one of the pizza by the slice places and it was delicious.  It is one of my favorite places to go to get something to eat Downtown, so I’m glad we decided on there. My team did not win or even place, but it was a lot of fun and we were able to work together as a team.  I hope the Colloquium classes continue to do this so others get this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment