Monday, January 17, 2011

#3 Favorite Place at FGCU

My favorite place on the Florida Gulf Coast University campus would have to be the little pond with the fountain.  Every day that I do have class, I walk from the Resort and Hospitality department to the Library, which this semester, will be three times a week.  I love walking by it, because I can hear the water from the fountain splash into the pond. It is so peaceful and gets my mind off of stressful things which occasionally go on in my life. It is also fun to look in the pond, because you never know when an alligator may pop up. There have been alligators before and I know they are in there, so I always try to look for them. I have only found one once, and it was a baby alligator. This was a couple years ago when I was checking on my application status to even attend FGCU. Ever since then, I have always looked in the pond.  Now, I usually only see turtles floating through the water.  You can also hear small splashes sometimes which are not coming from the fountain itself, but the different wildlife in the pond. It is also nice to look at how the plant life in the pond is growing. It has grown a lot since I first started FGCU, and each semester it always looks slightly different.  After I graduate in May, I will actually miss walking by the little pond. But, hopefully one day I will have to come back to FGCU for some reason and I will make sure I take a look at the pond and see how it has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment