Monday, January 17, 2011

#1 Colloquim Expectations

At first, I thought Colloquium will be just another mandatory class that I needed to take before I graduate, but after my first class, it made me realize how I take little things for granted. I first thought Colloquium was basically learning how to help the environment. I now recognize that if I don’t do something now, than it can affect me later on down the road. Simple things, such as recycling can make a big difference. I would like to learn how to recycle a lot more than I do at home as well as at work. My work goes through paper like water and if we can reuse unwanted printer paper as scraps or the other side of the paper then that can even make a difference. I know it’s just the act, but we don’t do it, and I would like to get the hang of doing it more often. 

I love learning new things, and another thing I would love to learn about are the different types of animals in southwest Florida and how we can help them if they we to get into danger. Just like all of the Pythons which have been released into the everglades. There should be something done about that, but how would we be able to help?

My first class in Colloquium, we also learned about our galaxy and stars, and that is very interesting to me. I watch “The Universe” a lot at home and it’s nice to know about some of the things I hear about in class as well on TV. I do hope we will continue to learn some more about space, as well as beyond our galaxy.

I am looking forward to my Colloquium class, and I hope after this class, it will help me become more eco-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment