Monday, January 17, 2011

# 2 Sense of Place

Right now, my current “sense of place” is basically school and work. I take 18 credits for school and work 40 hours a week, as well as homework. I feel like I really don’t have much time for anything else but school and work. I’ve actually lost a lot of motivation to do some of the things I love and would usually do every day, such as cook and run.   I loved running because I would always run outside and try to explore new places to go and find different things to look at. When I was a student at Florida Southern University in Lakeland Florida, I would run about 40-45 miles a week and it was just beautiful. The city was made of dozens of different lakes with different wildlife and plants at each one.  That was probably my favorite thing to do to get my mind off of things.

Now, I work on Fort Myers beach as the Activity Director. I do get out doors a lot, since I try to gather up as many bean-bag and Volleyball games I can outside of our resort.  I do love my job and get the luxury to take care of my 55 gal. fish tank and a dozen of little Hermit crabs. It’s fun, so I can’t complain too much.
I would love to learn more about what I can do about helping the beach about making sure it is always clean. Whenever I see trash out on the beach, especially outside of my resort, I always pick it up. I’ve learned a lot and I hope to learn even more. I think that working so much will really help me in the future with being organized and appreciating the time I actually have off to do things for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment