Wednesday, March 30, 2011

# 11 Corkscrew Sanctuary

The trip to Corkscrew Sanctuary was very motivating and captivating to learn more about nature.   It was peaceful and I learned a lot about the Sanctuary. It was a great walk through the woods and swamps, which made it very relaxing.  I am usually really busy, so to be able to go to the sanctuary really helped me clear my mind. I saw plenty of different types of birds, turtles, and one huge alligator just sitting on the dirt. There were an abundance of different types of plants and trees growing around the Sanctuary. You can tell the different throughout the trail with the elevation level as well. Different plants and different animals live at the different elevations.  The coolest thing was the tree which grows on other trees. I am not sure what the name of this tree was, but the tree can grow from the bottom or even from a branch and lives off the other tree.   Another thing was the tree canopy. This was basically a place where not much rain would be able to fall and it was very protective. The Indians and backpackers usually used and use these tree canopies when they are traveling. I really enjoyed when my group just stopped for a few minutes in silence and just listened to the wildlife around us. It is something I believed I should do more often, because it is very relaxing and soothing and can really help if you are having a bad day. I enjoyed Corkscrew Sanctuary, and I would like to take my family down to visit next time they are in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment